1.1 Welcome to the JJ-LAPP (S) Pte Ltd’s website.
1.2 By being a user of this website, you agree to and are bound by these Terms & Conditions and any amendments made thereof by JJ-LAPP (S) Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “JJ-LAPP”). If you do not agree with all of the Terms & Conditions contained on this website, please do not continue to use this website. JJ-LAPP would like to highlight that it is your responsibility to read and understand fully these Terms & Conditions as your use of this website shall be deemed as your unconditional and irrevocable acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
1.3 Singapore Law shall be the governing law and all disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
All content including but not limited to, text, graphics, interfaces, trademarks, logos, videos, photographs, images, sounds, music and code, including but not limited to the content’s structure, design and arrangement (‘Content’) that is present on this website is owned by JJ-LAPP and/or its affiliates and are protected by relevant and appropriate copyright laws and regulations. Except where specifically agreed in writing by JJ-LAPP, absolutely no part of this website or Content may be copied, republished, reproduced and retransmitted by any means.
Although this website is constantly updated, please take note that product specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
3. Use of Website:
3.1 The use of any illegal or unauthorised means to access this website (such as automatic programs/software like robots, crawlers, spiders, page scrapers and manual methods) are strictly prohibited, and if you are found to be using any methods of hacking or any other means of unlawful/unauthorised access, JJ-LAPP reserves the right to cease your access to this website without prior notice and to take such further action as it deems fit, including but not limited to reporting to the relevant authorities and taking legal action against you.
3.2 Impersonation, the use of false identities or knowingly providing wrong information of an individual and/or organisation are strictly prohibited. The misuse of this website’s content for any motive that is unlawful or in violation of these Terms & Conditions is strictly prohibited and JJ-LAPP reserves the right to cease your access to this website without prior notice and to take such further action as it deems fit, including but not limited to reporting to the relevant authorities and taking legal action against you.
3.3 In the event of an (impending) update, modification (authorised or otherwise), suspension, discontinuation or removal of any part or the whole of this website, you agree not to hold JJ-LAPP liable for any loss or damage you may incur arising out of or in connection with your inability to access or use this website or any part thereof.
3.4 Users with customer administrator privileges (example: 1st user to sign up company to webshop) shall create additional buyers only for authorised persons in their organisation. User account sharing and user account creation for any organisations or individuals outside your own organisation, regardless of usage, is strictly prohibited. JJ-LAPP shall not be liable for usage by or purchases made by unauthorised buyers created by the customer administrator and the user shall be held fully liable for the same.
3.5 JJ-LAPP reserves the right to:
- i) Use its discretion to lawfully control any activity, content or information on this website and investigate any abuse of this website.
- ii) Prevent or restrict access to users at any time and without reason, regardless of whether they are authorised or not.
- iii) Report to any relevant competent authority, any action that may be unlawful, illegal and/or violates these Terms & Conditions.
- iv) Request any data from you in relation to the use of this website at its own discretion and at any time.
- v) Suspend or discontinue this website without reason and without prior notice or consent,
- vi) Unilaterally amend these terms and conditions without prior notice or consent.
4. Limitation of Liability
4.1 JJ-LAPP would like to highlight that your use of this website is at your own risk.
4.2 JJ-LAPP and its affiliates, employees, contractors etc. shall not be liable to you for any losses whatsoever that arise directly or indirectly from the:
- i) Access, use or inaccessibility of this website
- ii) Reliance on the data or information contained on this website
- iii) Any server failure, connection errors, interruption.
4.3 There shall be no guarantee, warranty or representation by JJ-LAPP that this website and/or its use is or will be:
- i) Available and uninterrupted
- ii) Timely
- iii) Secure
- iv) Accurate
- v) Complete
- vi) Error free.
5. Terms of Sale governing the supply of goods ordered from this website
Before ordering any goods from this website, please thoroughly and attentively read these Terms of Sale and ensure you understand the same before ordering, as your placing an order on this website shall be deemed as your unconditional and irrevocable acceptance of these Terms of Sale.
5.1 Applicable Terms: These Terms of Sale set out hereunder shall apply to all sales contracted by JJ-LAPP whether or not expressly referred to in other documents of sale, purchase, invoices or delivery notes issued by JJ-LAPP or by you. The unconditional delivery of goods, performances of services or acceptance of payments shall not constitute acceptance by JJ-LAPP of any terms deviating from these Terms of Sale.
5.2 Binding Contract: JJ-LAPP’ offers shall be subject to JJ-LAPP’ written order confirmation which shall constitute the binding contract of sale between JJ-LAPP and you. In transactions where written order confirmations are neither customary nor requested by you, JJ-LAPP' invoice shall be considered the binding contract between JJ-LAPP and you.
5.3 Price Revision: Unless expressly termed as firm, prices quoted or contracted by JJ-LAPP may be revised by JJ-LAPP to cover unforeseen increases in JJ-LAPP' cost. If JJ-LAPP desires to revise prices accordingly but is restricted to any extent against so doing by reason of any governmental law, regulation, order or action, or if the cost basis prices quoted or contracted as firm prices is altered by reason of any governmental law, regulation, order or action, JJ-LAPP shall have the right to rescind this contract by written notice to you, if JJ-LAPP and you cannot agree forthwith on an equitable solution concerning the additional cost thus incurred.
5.4 Liability and Risk: Upon acceptance by your carrier or upon delivery to your premises, whichever comes first, you will be deemed to assume all risks and liability for loss and damage resulting from the transportation, handling, storage or use of the goods supplied under this contract. Notwithstanding anything herein, (a) JJ-LAPP' liability in respect to goods supplied or services rendered under this contract shall in any case be limited to the purchase price of the goods or services in respect of which damages are claimed and (b) JJ-LAPP SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAYED DELIVERY OR PERFORMANCE, SHORT SHIPMENT, HANDLING, STORAGE, USE, IMPERFECTION OR OTHERWISE OF GOODS SUPPLIED AS WELL AS FROM DELAYED OR IMPERFECT SERVICES RENDERED HEREUNDER.
5.5 Force Majeure:
- (a) JJ-LAPP shall not be liable for any delay in performing or for any failure to perform its obligations if the delay or failure results from any of the following (i) an Act of God, (ii) an outbreak of epidemics and infectious diseases such as severe acute respiratory syndrome, avian flu, plagues, quarantine restrictions or restriction against entry into any country where supplies are being obtained or delivered, (iii) natural physical disaster, fire, explosion, fog, flood or bad weather, (iv) outbreak of hostilities, war, riot, civil disturbance or act of terrorism, (v) inability to obtain fuel, power, raw material, labour, containers or transportation facilities, (vi) breakdown or failure of plant, machinery, apparatus or vehicles, (vii) accident, theft, malicious damage, sabotage, strikes, lockouts or industrial action of any kind, (viii) the act of any government or authority (including refusal or revocation of any license, permit or consent), governmental law, regulation, order or national defence requirements, import or export embargos, (ix) default of manufacturers, suppliers or subcontractors, and/or (x) any other event beyond the control of JJ-LAPP.
- (b) In the event of any delay arising from any reason mentioned in Clause 5.5(a), the date for the performance of JJ-LAPP’s obligations shall be extended automatically for a period equal to the time lost by reason of the delay PROVIDED that in the event that the delay continues in excess of sixty (60) consecutive days, JJ-LAPP shall have the right to terminate this contract without liability for such termination, by giving you thirty (30) days written notice. Upon such termination, you shall pay JJ-LAPP for all goods and/or services supplied up to the date of termination.
- (c) For the avoidance of doubt, in the event of a Force Majeure, JJ-LAPP shall not be deemed to be in breach of its obligations under this contract and shall not be liable for any expenses, losses or damages whatsoever suffered by you.
5.6 Buyer's Credit: JJ-LAPP reserves the right, among other remedies, either to terminate this contract or to suspend further deliveries or services under it in the event and for such time as you fail to pay for any delivery or service when payment is due. Should your credit standing become unsatisfactory to JJ-LAPP, cash payments or satisfactory security may be required by JJ-LAPP for future deliveries of goods or for services to be rendered as well as for goods theretofore delivered or for services theretofore rendered.
5.7 Reservation of Title: Goods supplied by JJ-LAPP shall remain JJ-LAPP' property until the respective purchase price has been paid in full by you. In case the goods have been processed by you before the full purchase price has been paid, JJ-LAPP' reservation of title shall extend over the entire new object. In case of processing, combining or mixing JJ-LAPP' goods with goods owned by you or third parties, JJ-LAPP shall acquire a part title of the newly created object or objects at a percentage corresponding to the ratio of the value of JJ-LAPP' goods to that of the goods of you or third parties. You shall store the goods and such newly created objects in a manner to indicate that you hold these goods and objects as a bailey for JJ-LAPP. You may nevertheless sell these goods and objects to a third party in the normal course of business, but shall account to JJ-LAPP as JJ-LAPP' agent for the portion of proceeds lawfully belonging to JJ-LAPP.
5.8 Warranty: JJ-LAPP makes no warranty, whether of merchantability, fitness or otherwise expressed or implied concerning the goods supplied or services rendered other than that they shall be of the specifications stated in this contract. JJ-LAPP' warranty does not cover normal wear and tear and is valid only for such period of time as expressly stipulated in the contract. JJ-LAPP' warranty is further predicated on your compliance with generally accepted or expressly specified conditions for proper handling and use of the goods. Any recommendations made by JJ-LAPP concerning the use of the goods are believed to be reliable but JJ-LAPP makes no warranty of the results to be obtained. You agree to inspect the goods supplied or the services rendered hereunder immediately after delivery or performance and to give notice in writing of any claim within thirty (30) days of delivery or performance. Failure to give notice in writing as aforesaid within the specified time constitutes an unqualified acceptance of the goods or services and a waiver of all claims with respect thereto. In case of a substantiated valid complain concerning the goods supplied or services rendered hereunder, JJ-LAPP shall repair, exchange or take back again reimbursement the rejected goods or the rejected part thereof or repeat or reimburse for the rejected service at JJ-LAPP' sole option. JJ-LAPP' obligations under this Warranty shall be conditional on your full compliance with your obligations under this contract, especially on full compliance with the terms of payment.
5.9. Validity of Contract: In case individual terms of this contract should be modified, replaced or become partly or wholly invalid by mutual consent of JJ-LAPP and you, all other terms shall remain in force and the contract shall be deemed amended accordingly. In case individual terms of this: contract should be modified, replaced or become partly or wholly invalid due to any governmental law, regulation, order or action, JJ-LAPP and you shall forthwith try to find an equitable valid replacement for the term thus changed or invalidated. If no mutual consent concerning such replacement can be reached, JJ-LAPP shall have the option to either accept the changed term or the invalidation thereof and thereby keep the thus amended contract in force or to terminate this.
5.10 Order Acknowledgment and Order Confirmation: After final submission of the order on this website, you will receive an acknowledgment e-mail. This e-mail is merely to acknowledge that JJ-LAPP has received your order request. It is not an order confirmation which means that there is still no agreement by JJ-LAPP to supply you with any goods. Only after JJ-LAPP has verified that the goods ordered are in stock and your credit is in good standing will JJ-LAPP send out a separate order confirmation by e-mail. Until you receive this order confirmation, JJ-LAPP has not agreed to supply the goods to you.
5.11 Pricing: All goods are invoiced in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and include GST at the prevailing rate. For the avoidance of doubt, all taxes, charges and levies such as GST shall be borne by you. JJ-LAPP has the right to make changes to the price and delivery costs of any goods and the right to limit or terminate any promotion codes or discounts at any time without notice.
5.12 Delivery: It is your responsibility to provide an accurate, valid and correct address for JJ-LAPP to ship to. Delivery shall be made through an independent third party service provider whom you acknowledge and agree that JJ-LAPP is not liable for. Any delivery lead times quoted are not firm and subject to change due to factors out of JJ-LAPP’ control. JJ-LAPP shall not be liable for any delay in delivery or the performance of the delivery.
5.12.1 In the event that you fail to take/receive delivery of the goods ordered for any reason such as providing an incomplete or inaccurate address, JJ-LAPP shall have the right to:
- i) Sell the goods to any another buyer without your notice or consent without prejudice to JJ-LAPP’s right to claim damages ;
- ii) Store the goods at such premises as JJ-LAPP thinks fit pending such sale or your taking deliveyr of the goods, and you shall be liable to pay and indemnify JJ-LAPP for all costs (including storage and insurance) incurred in this connection; and/or
- iii) Terminate the contract of sale without any liability whatsoever, forfeit all down payment(s)/deposit(s) made by you and/or claim against you for all loss incurred
5.12.2 Delivery Periods and Dates: JJ-LAPP makes no guarantee that requested delivery dates will be available although it will use reasonable efforts to accommodate the same. Should dispatch of the goods be prevented or delayed by reasons out of JJ-LAPP’ control, the delivery periods and dates shall be deemed adhered to if by the dates agreed upon, you are notified via the site, in writing or any other way JJ-LAPP chooses to communicate this with you. JJ-LAPP shall not be liable for any delay in delivery or the performance of the delivery.
5.12.3 Delivery Charge: In cases where the order amount exceeds the minimum order quantity, the delivery charge is included in the price displayed on the Platform/Webshop. If the order quantity is less than minimum order quantity, an extra delivery charge may be applied in addition to the price displayed on the Platform/Webshop. In this case, a customer service representative will contact you before confirming the order. To find out more about minimum order quantities, please contact one of our customer service representatives.
5.12.4 Stock Availability: JJ-LAPP makes no guarantee that the goods listed on the webshop are currently in stock. JJ-LAPP shall not be liable for any delay in delivery due to inventory shortage. The supply of any and all goods are subject always to availability of the same.
5.12.5 Cancellation: You may not cancel any order placed except with the express prior written consent of JJ-LAPP. In the event of a cancellation by you, you agree to compensate JJ-LAPP for all work done, expenses incurred and commitments made as of the time of cancellation. Any payment made by you shall also be forfeited to JJ-LAPP. Nothing herein shall limit any other remedies available to JJ-LAPP hereunder or by law.
5.13 Refund/Return Policy:
5.13.1 You shall complete an online contact form to apply for a refund/exchange/return for the purchased goods. You may apply for return/refund/exchange if:
- i) the wrong goods have been delivered
- ii) The goods are defective:
For goods to be considered as defective they must at the time of change of title:
Have a clear error or differentiation from the required specifications provided by you or not fit for the job they're designed for.
5.13.2 JJ-LAPP' will not be liable for defects that:
- i) Are caused or contributed by poor, incorrect or inexperienced handling or abuse by you.
- ii) Are minor or immaterial
- iii) Form due to factors out of JJ-LAPP' control,
- iv) Occur as a result of your not obeying or ignoring the instructions and manual correctly.
Notwithstanding anything herein, JJ-LAPP shall have the right to reject or accept any return/refund/exchange request at its sole and undisputed discretion. JJ-LAPP shall not be liable for any loss (direct or consequential) that occurs from not receiving a refund and or an exchange.
5.14.1 Subject to earlier termination provisions, this contract shall terminate automatically upon the delivery of the contracted goods and/or services.
5.14.2 JJ-LAPP may terminate this contract forthwith by notice in writing to you:
- (a) If you fail to fulfil any of its payment obligations when they fall due or JJ-LAPP has grounds to believe that you will not be able to fulfil its payment obligations; or
- (b) upon the insolvency, winding up or presentation of a bankruptcy petition or other insolvency application against you, or a court of competent jurisdiction makes an order, or a resolution is passed, for the winding up, dissolution or judicial management or administration of you otherwise than in the course of a reorganisation, merger, amalgamation or restructuring; or
- (c) any attachment, sequestration, distress, execution or other legal process is levied, enforced or instituted against the assets of the other party, or a liquidator, judicial manager, receiver, administrator, trustee-in-bankruptcy, custodian or other similar officer has been appointed (or a petition for the appointment of such officer has been presented) in respect of any of your assets; or
- (d) you convene a meeting of your creditors or make or propose any arrangement or composition with, or any assignment for the benefit of your creditors.
5.14.3 Upon the termination of this contract for any reason, you shall be liable to pay JJ-LAPP for all services and/or goods rendered up to the effective date of termination. For the avoidance of doubt, all termination under this contract shall be without prejudice to the rights and remedies of either party for antecedent breaches.